The American economy has been stagnant, stuck at a dismal 2 percent growth during the Obama Administration. As Americans, we can and must do better. On paper the unemployment level has fallen; this is primarily because many able-bodied Americans are no longer looking for work. The employment-to-population ratio for workers aged 25–54 has actually decreased by 2.5 percentage points since the months leading up to the financial collapse of 2008.
Instead of responding to signs of a struggling economy with a pro-growth agenda, the Obama Administration has further crippled businesses and the economy with overbearing regulations and a toxic business environment. That's why I am pursuing a positive agenda to grow the economy, strengthen businesses, and get Americans back to work.
I have taken action to get America's economy back on track. With basic principles like balancing our budget, expanding options in education, and increasing productivity, we can get our economy going and restore America to a nation of limitless possibility.
Get a Balanced Budget
- Sponsored H.J.Res.55 - Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- Sponsored H.R. 3804, The Cost Estimates Reform Act of 2015
- Sponsored H.R. 4006, The Statutes at Large Modernization Act
- Sponsored H.Res.707, Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require the Committee on Appropriations to maintain historical budget authority and outlays for each category of spending for the past decade.
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 24, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 692, The Default Prevention Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1610, The Biennial Budgeting and Enhanced Oversight Act of 2015
Ramp Up Productivity
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 30, The Save American Workers Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 612, The National Right-to-Work Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 702, To Adapt to Changing Crude Oil Market Conditions
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1147, The Legal Workforce Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1461, The Developing Roadway Infrastructure for a Vibrant Economy Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3222, The Employee Rights Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3459, The Protecting Local Business Opportunity Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R.4377, The American Business Competitiveness Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 4773, The Protecting Workplace Advancement and Opportunity Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 554, The Enhancing Educational Opportunities for all Students Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1287, The Higher Education Reform and Opportunity Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3421, The A PLUS Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 4901, The Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Reauthorization Act
- Sponsored an amendment that empowers states and schools, through a single, flexible block grant so every state can administer its own child nutrition programs.
- Sponsored H.R. 4094, The Universal Savings Account Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 25, The FairTax Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 27, The Tax Code Termination Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1397, The Seniors' Tax Simplification Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 2315, The Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R.1901, The PTC Elimination Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 2874, The Andrew P. Carpenter Tax Act
- Exempts the families of veterans killed in the line of duty from paying taxes on forgiven student loans.
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 4083, The Preventing Unionization of Revenue Service Employees Act
Tax Regulatory Burdens
- Co-Sponsored H.R.1941, The Financial Institutions Examination Fairness and Reform Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R.3256, The One In, One Out Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 4169, The Fighting Against Imbalanced Regulatory Burdens Act of 2015
- Sponsored H.R. 5325, the Health Savings Account Expansion Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 132, The Obamacare Repeal Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 160, The Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 592, The Pharmacy and Medically Underserved Areas Enhancement Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 790, The Compassionate Freedom of Choice Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 928, To repeal the annual fee on health insurance providers enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Co-Sponsored H.R.1190, The Protecting Seniors' Access to Medicare Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R.1234, The Medical Freedom Act of 2015
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1270, The Restoring Access to Medication Act of 2015
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1624, The Protecting Affordable Coverage for Employees Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1752, To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make members of health care sharing ministries eligible to establish health savings accounts.
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 2400, The SIGMA Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3012, The Right to Try Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3037, The Hospice Care Access Improvement Act of 2015
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 3742, The Access to Marketplace Insurance Act
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 4362, The State Health Flexibility Act of 2016
GROWTH - My Agenda to Strengthen Business and American Employment